June 2, 2018
2018 Tour d'Eastside Sponsors
Detroit Eastside Community Collaborative
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Robar Public Relations
St. John Providence
Bayview Yacht Club
Mt. Olivet Cemetary
Nortown Community Development
Creekside Community Development Corp.
Slows to Go
New name, new route, same great fun! Formerly known as Cycle Into Spring, the Tour d'Eastside is a fun way to enjoy some of the best bike riding on the East side of Detroit. Enjoy a pleasant, 20-mile pedal from the Detroit River to Outer Drive and back.
The Tour de Troit is happy to welcome you to the Tour d'Eastside on June 2, 2018! Saturday is looking to be a beautiful day for a bike ride. Here are some final reminders about the ride.
EVENT LOCATION: Alfred Brush Park, Detroit MI (AB FORD PARK) 100 Lakewood Street, Detroit, 48215
LEARN A LITLLE ABOUT THE HISTORY OF AB FORD PARK HERE
REGISTRATION & PACKET PICK UP:
FRIDAY, June 1: 4PM-8PM 2727 Second Avenue, Conference Room 2, Detroit 48201
SATURDAY, June 2: 7AM-8:45 AM- AB Ford Park, 100 Lakewood Street, Detroit 48215
If you know someone that would still like to register, they may do so at the above locations and times.
HERE IS A MAP that indicates parking options for the event. PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AVAILABLE AT AB FORD PARK. Due to our increase in numbers over the last few days, and after finalizing the start with DPD, we have decided to stage the ride in the parking area of the park to make a cleaner, safer start. That said, there are several options available for you:
- Parking is available along Lakewood Street, and along Scripps. Please be careful that you do not block driveways.
- We have also secured spots at RiverBend Plaza (1.5 miles from the start), and Parkway Foods (2.5 miles from the start). Both are located on Jefferson and make for an easy ride to the start of the event. If you choose to park in the lots please park in the areas farthest from the shops, closest to Jefferson Avenue to allow shop patrons easy access to stores.
Pro-tip: Do not leave valuables in site in cars. Determine what you need for the ride in advance, and have only those items with you. If you need items for after the ride, please be sure to have them already placed out of site (in trunk, glovebox, under seat) well before parking.
START: We start promptly at 9AM. Staging for the start will begin in the parking lot at 8:30 AM.
RIDE: The ride is police escorted by DPD and SAG Supported by Wheelhouse Detroit. The ride is not on a closed course, and you must be able to keep up with the group, or you will be asked by sweepers, or DPD to get into the SAG vehicle. It is extremely difficult for DPD to manage the ride when it is very spread out. If you are asked to get in the SAG vehicle please understand it is for the safety of the other 600+ cyclists on the ride as well as your own. Sweepers will be available to help with small bike problems along the ride. If the problems are too severe for a roadside repair you will be asked to place your bike in the SAG vehicle. If you have extra tubes specific to your bike, please bring one along to make a possible repair much faster.
HELMETS ARE MANDATORY. Please place them next to your bikes now in preparation for Saturday morning.
...odds & ends...
- pack sunscreen. It's going to be a warm one
- bring a Water bottle filled with water to the event- stay safe and stay hydrated
- small waters, apples, and bars will be avilable at the rest stop
- lunch available after the event to people how have purchased tickets in advance. There will not be food available for purchase after the ride
- NOOSA Yogurt has come in as a sponsor of the event and will be providing yogurt to participants after the ride
- bring your bike to the start of the ride in good working order, seat set, tires pumped, tuned up for the season
- registered riders over 21 will be offered a beer at the end of the ride from Batch Brewing Company
- please remember to be respectful of the residents and neighborhoods along the route- don't block in driveways, and leave nothing behind
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS! Wheelhouse Detroit, Giffels Webster, Plante Moran, Miller Canfield, Amicci's Pizza, Detroit City FC, Robar PR, PEAC, DECC, Nortown Community Development Corporation, NOOSA, Detroit Institute of Bagels, Slow's BBQ, Organaman
See you soon!
Your friends at the Tour de Troit
2018 Packet Pick-Up & Registration Schedule:
Packet pickup will be available Friday June 1st from 4pm to 8pm at 2727 Second Avenue. There will be signs directing you to the proper location.
Day of packet pickup will be offered from 7am to 8:45.
Tour d'Eastside Information
GETTING TO THE EVENT:
Tour d'Eastside begins and ends at AB Ford Park on the Detroit River.
Parking is available at the park. Our draft ROUTE MAP shows open parking locations.
HELMET MANDATORY RIDE:
ALL cyclists must be wearing their BIB and a helmet to ride in this event. Double, and triple check that you have the appropriate gear before leaving the house.
To protect the safety of our riders, please note that no bags over 420 cubic inches (6.9 L) will be permitted on the ride.
FOOD, BEVERAGE & ENTERTAINMENT:
An optional lunch catered by Slow's To Go (meat) or Organaman (vegetarian and vegan/GF) is available after the ride.
Tour d'Eastside costs $30 for just the ride or $40 for the ride + lunch. Non-riders are able to register for lunch only for $15. Packet pick-up and day-of ride registration is available for $40; t-shirt not guaranteed; lunch not available for purchase. Residents of CCG-adjacent zip codes (48213, 48214, 48215, 48205, and 48234) can register day-of for $25!
The Tour d'Eastside will be supported by our amazing year-long partner Wheelhouse Detroit. If you have a mechanical issue during the event we will have on-site repairs to get you back on the road!